A Marimo ball, also known as a moss ball, is a type of green algae that is native to Japan, Iceland, Estonia, and Scotland. It is a spherical ball-shaped aquatic plant that grows very slowly, usually only a few millimeters per year. The name "Marimo" comes from the Japanese words "mari" meaning ball and "mo" meaning algae.
Additionally, Marimo balls are also known as lake balls because they are commonly found in freshwater lakes and rivers in their native habitats. They were first discovered in the 1820s and have since become popular around the world due to their unique appearance and ease of care. Marimo balls are also believed to have several health benefits, including the ability to purify the water they live in and reduce the levels of harmful chemicals and pollutants. As such, they are often used in aquariums to help maintain healthy water conditions for fish and other aquatic animals.
Marimo balls are popular as pets, and they are often kept in aquariums or as decorative items in households. They are relatively easy to care for and can live for many years with proper care. To care for a Marimo ball, you should change the water it is in every two weeks or so and give it gentle squeezes to remove any debris or air bubbles that may have become trapped inside. You should also keep the Marimo ball away from direct sunlight and avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures.
In Japan, Marimo balls are considered a national treasure and are protected by law. They are also believed to bring good luck and are sometimes given as gifts to friends and loved ones.
- Moss ball can be broken apart to re-generate
- Can be attached to rock, driftwood, pad to make a unique shape
Disclaimer: Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation. Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be free of pests, and pesticides, grow emerged or submerge.
|Cladophora Aegagropila / Aegagropila Linnaei|
|Moss ball, Marimo ball, Lake ball|
|Free floating or attached to driftwood, stone, or decoration|
Can be grow emerged?
|Low - High|
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
24 Hours Live Arrival Guarantee* - In a rare case of live stocks dead on arrival, we must be notified within 24 hours by the same day of delivery. Please take clear photos of the damaged product and send it to us within 24 hours. Live Arrival Guarantee will be void after 24 hours of delivery. All replacements are considered final and we will not replace the replacement.
- Picture requirements: Take at least 2 clear photos of damaged product in their original, unopened & sealed transparent packing and send photos and orders information to our email within 24 hours: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not take picture of damaged plants, or animals in your aquarium. Once they have been introduced to your aquarium's ecosystem. It is no longer covered by our guarantee.
Please keep in mind that Live Arrival Guarantee only guarantees that live stocks will be alive upon arrival. We cannot guarantee that you will continue to have success with them. Many factors, including the aquarium environment, water quality, nutrient, temperature, lighting, filter, and CO2 system, can contribute to the failure to grow live plants and live animals.
WHAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE
Even though our plants are very clean, but we can't guarantee they will be 100% pest-free because we cannot be responsible for your aquarium. Please use it at your own risk. We recommended all customers rinse the plants with clean water and quarantine them before use.
However, plants in tissue culture will be 100% free from pests, algae and never have been contacting with any aquarium.
- Due to the nature of the product. We don't guarantee our plants will be pests free. ( snails, algae, hitchhikers )
- We don't guarantee our plants will be free of pesticides. We use homemade, organic pesticides in our greenhouse to control pests. We do not use pesticides that contain copper. Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc
- We don't guarantee your aquarium success or are responsible for your aquarium inhabitant including but not limited to fish, shrimp, snail, turtle, etc. So please quarantine all plants when use!
- Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be grow emerged or submerge.
Very happy. Healthy Moss Balls.
Moss balls arrived beautifully dark green and healthy looking. Very pleased with my purchase!
I love these moss balls. They look great when they arrived and the fish love pushing them around.
First time getting moss balls and they were great quality.
APF is my go-to place for aquarium plants, and the anacharis and moss balls in my latest order did not disappoint. Because the order was placed during a brutal heat wave in CA, APF shipped at the fastest possible speed so the plants would arrive healthy. Both the anacharis and moss balls were beautifully green, healthy, and snail-free on arrival. I put them straight into aquariums and my backyard pond and they are currently thriving with minimal die-off - moss balls are still in perfect condition surrounded by very happy shrimp.
We recently decide... to get our first fish tank... and wanted of course real plants. We visited local aquarium stores here in Phoenix.... and realize they didn’t Carrie many option of freshwater plants... That’s when I came across aquarium plant factory.
If I could rate them 10 stars I would... I ordered Moss balls(5) Anubias Jalapeño(2)
Anubias Petite on Driftwood(2) Anubias Petite ( Loose Rhizome )(6) Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Green(3) Amazon Sword(2)... I placed my order Wednesday it arrived on Saturday. healthy... green... just prefect...