Cherry shrimp, also known as Neocaridina heteropoda, are small freshwater shrimp that are popular among aquarium enthusiasts. These shrimp are native to Taiwan and are known for their bright red coloration, which earned them the name "cherry shrimp". They are hardy, low-maintenance, and can adapt to a wide range of water conditions, making them an ideal choice for beginner aquarium hobbyists.
In addition to their attractive appearance, cherry shrimp are also efficient cleaners and can help remove excess food and waste from the tank. They are omnivores and will feed on a variety of foods, including algae, biofilm, and commercial shrimp food.
Cherry shrimp are also easy to breed in the aquarium and will breed on their own in a well-maintained and stable environment. They are peaceful and can be kept with a variety of other species, including other peaceful fish and shrimp.
In conclusion, cherry shrimp are a popular and low-maintenance addition to any freshwater aquarium. With their attractive appearance, efficient cleaning abilities, and ease of care, they make an ideal choice for aquarium hobbyists of all levels.
- Young Adult Size | approx. 1.0 - 1.5 cm
- Easy to care for, unique, hardy, and beautiful
- Friendly shrimp, safe for plants, fish, snails, and other aquarium inhabitants
- Control algae bloom. Balanced your aquarium water and create a great ecosystem environment
Disclaimer: Pictures are not the actual animal you will receive, but a sample representation. Because of the natural variations in each species, it may be different in shape, size, color, and personality. Unless specific, we don't guarantee the gender of the animal.
Scientific Name: Neocaridina heteropoda
Common Names: Red Cherry Shrimp
Other Trade Names: RCS Shrimp / Red Neo Shrimp
Other Classifications: Neocaridina Denticulata Sinensis / Neocaridina davidi
Care Level: Easy
Life Cycle: 1 - 2 years
Max. Size: 3.0 - 4.0 cm
Recommended Tank Size: 5 gallons or bigger
Water Conditions: 65-75°F, KH 1-6, pH 6.5-8.0, TDS 130-400
Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper sulfate. Please avoid any aquarium product containing copper of any form or they may cause harm or even death to your invertebrates.
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
24 Hours Live Arrival Guarantee* - In a rare case of live stocks dead on arrival, we must be notified within 24 hours by the same day of delivery. Please take clear photos of the damaged product and send it to us within 24 hours. Live Arrival Guarantee will be void after 24 hours of delivery. All replacements are considered final and we will not replace the replacement.
- Picture requirements: Take at least 2 clear photos of damaged product in their original, unopened & sealed transparent packing and send photos and orders information to our email within 24 hours: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not take picture of damaged plants, or animals in your aquarium. Once they have been introduced to your aquarium's ecosystem. It is no longer covered by our guarantee.
Please keep in mind that Live Arrival Guarantee only guarantees that live stocks will be alive upon arrival. We cannot guarantee that you will continue to have success with them. Many factors, including the aquarium environment, water quality, nutrient, temperature, lighting, filter, and CO2 system, can contribute to the failure to grow live plants and live animals.
WHAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE
Even though our plants are very clean, but we can't guarantee they will be 100% pest-free because we cannot be responsible for your aquarium. Please use it at your own risk. We recommended all customers rinse the plants with clean water and quarantine them before use.
However, plants in tissue culture will be 100% free from pests, algae and never have been contacting with any aquarium.
- Due to the nature of the product. We don't guarantee our plants will be pests free. ( snails, algae, hitchhikers )
- We don't guarantee our plants will be free of pesticides. We use homemade, organic pesticides in our greenhouse to control pests. We do not use pesticides that contain copper. Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc
- We don't guarantee your aquarium success or are responsible for your aquarium inhabitant including but not limited to fish, shrimp, snail, turtle, etc. So please quarantine all plants when use!
- Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be grow emerged or submerge.
Excellent! A good mix of male & females. They were split between 2 dedicated tanks...1 20 gallon long with panda loaches and 1 20 gallon long with otocinclus. The panda loach tank is well seasoned & the shrimp transitioned well. (Diet: Glas Garten Bacter AE & Repashy Soilent Green, sparingly...a toothpick dip daily from both foods) The otocinclus tank is a recent setup & the shrimp transitioned well. (Diet: Tetra Pleco Wafers added when needed) They were a little dull in color due to stress but have colored up nicely. All are healthy except one was DOA. I have hard water & drip acclimated for about an hour. I do not chase anything...ph, etc. It's more detrimental to chase than let things be. I do not test water for anything, an automatic 10% water change weekly or biweekly. Both tanks are planted & kept at sub-tropical temps. This is my second round of tank bred, not second order, but second round & I have much better luck with tank bred. I'm thinking 1st group died out due to too much inbreeding. Overall, pretty happy with the purchase & will order more in the future. Maybe a little bit more info than needed but wanted to help those that think it's not possible to keep these little guys happy & healthy. Thank you APF! :)
I ordered 15 shrimp (5 cherries, 5 yellow, and 5 blue), and they all arrived safe and sound. The staff also was great at communicating with me about delays in the shipment due to causes out of their control. I'm definitely buying from them again.
I really like the Cherry Shrimp! They are Great little Gabage cleaners and very active. Just make sure to put them where you want them, because you'll NEVER net them, again!
Ordered 20, arrived in 2 days from ordering. All very alive and larger than I expected which is great. A week later and they are all still going strong.
Arrived alive and they are doing well, thank you!