Micranthemum tweediei 'Monte Carlo' can be compared with the very popular Hemianthus Calitrichoides, in that the leaves look very similar and it carpets very well too. Micranthemum Monte-Carlo leaves are slightly bigger, ranging from 5mm-10mm. It is a bright shade of green and is a wonderful plant for the carpet. A great alternative to HC. It does not need as much light as HC and is considered slightly easier to grow. Good levels of CO2 will ensure this plant does well.
- Sold as a Tissue Culture Plants with vitamin liquid/gel
- Packaging May Vary! To be sent in either in vitro bag or cup
- Bag / Cup size: Approx. 4 inches. Yield approx. 2-3 clump plants
- Sustainable growth aquarium plants species
- Tissue Culture Technology | 100% Free from Snail, Algae, Pathogen, and Bacteria plus Extended Shelf Life on all in Vitro Plants
Disclaimer: Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation. Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be free of pests, and pesticides, grow emerged or submerge.
|Micranthemum tweediei 'Monte Carlo'|
|Micranthemum Monte Carlo, Montecarlo-3|
|New Large Pearl Grass|
|Foreground or attached to driftwood, stone, or decorations|
Can it grow emerged?
|Medium - High|
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
24 Hours Live Arrival Guarantee* - In a rare case of live stocks dead on arrival, we must be notified within 24 hours by the same day of delivery. Please take clear photos of the damaged product and send it to us within 24 hours. Live Arrival Guarantee will be void after 24 hours of delivery. All replacements are considered final and we will not replace the replacement.
- Picture requirements: Take at least 2 clear photos of damaged product in their original, unopened & sealed transparent packing and send photos and orders information to our email within 24 hours: email@example.com
- Please do not take picture of damaged plants, or animals in your aquarium. Once they have been introduced to your aquarium's ecosystem. It is no longer covered by our guarantee.
Please keep in mind that Live Arrival Guarantee only guarantees that live stocks will be alive upon arrival. We cannot guarantee that you will continue to have success with them. Many factors, including the aquarium environment, water quality, nutrient, temperature, lighting, filter, and CO2 system, can contribute to the failure to grow live plants and live animals.
WHAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE
Even though our plants are very clean, but we can't guarantee they will be 100% pest-free because we cannot be responsible for your aquarium. Please use it at your own risk. We recommended all customers rinse the plants with clean water and quarantine them before use.
However, plants in tissue culture will be 100% free from pests, algae and never have been contacting with any aquarium.
- Due to the nature of the product. We don't guarantee our plants will be pests free. ( snails, algae, hitchhikers )
- We don't guarantee our plants will be free of pesticides. We use homemade, organic pesticides in our greenhouse to control pests. We do not use pesticides that contain copper. Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc
- We don't guarantee your aquarium success or are responsible for your aquarium inhabitant including but not limited to fish, shrimp, snail, turtle, etc. So please quarantine all plants when use!
- Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be grow emerged or submerge.
In my first ever order with APF, I ordered 2 cups of tissue culture Monte Carlo and it arrived very healthy but I noticed the leaves were very tiny. I planted these in my small tank which carpeted very fast with CO2 and good lighting - I was quite happy with it! So happy that I ordered another cup a few weeks later but the new order had bigger leaves much like the typical Monte Carlo (like the potted version). I was quite disappointed because of the size difference so I could not use it in my tank without it looking like 2 different plants...
It turns out in my first order, I was sent HC Cuba labelled as "Monte Carlo". I proved this by ordering 3 cups of tissue culture Monte Carlo for my newest tank (3 months later) and I received normal looking Monte Carlo.
This goes out of stock regularly so someone at APF likely sent me HC Cuba to fulfill my order. I've been thinking for 3 months that my Monte Carlo leaves were uniquely smaller than other people's. I just wish I knew this before ordering for my new tank - I like the smaller look of HC Cuba better.
My single portion was so generous that I put good amounts into 4 separate tanks to see how it does in different lighting and substrate conditions). I still had a little left over to test on a 5th tank. The APF folks went above and beyond in every area. They helped me to navigate ordering around a major storm and that I would be out of town for a 2 day window. It worked out perfectly except that my shrimp had not had supplementary feeding while I was gone and swarmed the Monte Carlo (really all the plants I ordered) as soon as it was planted. They kept digging it up from everywhere it wasn't glued. I spent several days replanting it repeatedly. I only lost a significant amount in one tank that had shrimp AND nerite snails (and still some survived). Lesson learned feed everyone well before planting. It's really thriving at 2 weeks now and has numerous small offshoots coming out.
Super pleased with the quality of my Monte Carlo tissue cultures! I will buy from APF again
APF never disappoints. Arrived well packed and healthy. Wouldn't buy anywhere else.
I have over ten years of aquascaping experience. While I have had great success with potted Monte Carlo I did not have much luck with this tissue culture. It slowly turned to brown mush in my aquascape. It looked plenty healthy upon arrival. It might be due to the fact that I use soil based substrate without co2. I believe that tissue culture plants acclimate more successfully in high tech tanks.