This listing is qualified for
BUY 2 GET 1 FREE* PROMOTION ✨
1) To qualify for this offer, you must add 2 quantities to your shopping cart.
2) We will automatically send 1 extra plant for free. Offer valid on same plant, no mix n' match. Restriction applied!
Echinodorus Amazonicus, also known as Amazon Sword Plant, is a popular aquatic plant that is native to the Amazon River basin in South America. It belongs to the Echinodorus genus, which comprises a diverse group of plants commonly found in freshwater habitats. Echinodorus Amazonicus is widely cultivated and sought after by aquarium enthusiasts for its attractive appearance and ease of care.
The leaves of Echinodorus Amazonicus are typically long and lanceolate in shape, with a vibrant green coloration that adds a lush and natural look to aquariums. The leaves can grow to a considerable size, reaching lengths of up to 40 centimeters (16 inches) and widths of around 8 centimeters (3 inches). This plant is known for its robust growth, and under favorable conditions, it can quickly form dense clusters, providing hiding places for fish and other aquatic organisms.
In terms of care requirements, Echinodorus Amazonicus is a relatively undemanding plant. It thrives in a wide range of water parameters, although it prefers moderate to high lighting conditions and nutrient-rich substrates. Carbon dioxide supplementation can enhance its growth, but it is not a strict requirement. Regular pruning of older or damaged leaves is recommended to maintain its visual appeal and prevent overcrowding.
Now, let's compare Echinodorus Amazonicus with Echinodorus bleheri, commonly known as Amazon Sword or Bleher's Sword. One notable difference between the two is the leaf shape and appearance. While Echinodorus Amazonicus has long, lanceolate leaves, Echinodorus bleheri exhibits broader leaves that can be slightly crinkled along the edges. The leaf coloration is also slightly different, with Echinodorus bleheri often displaying darker green hues.
In terms of size, Echinodorus bleheri tends to grow larger than Echinodorus Amazonicus. Its leaves can reach lengths of up to 50 centimeters (20 inches) and widths of around 10 centimeters (4 inches). This makes Echinodorus bleheri a suitable choice for larger aquariums or as a background plant due to its impressive stature.
Both Echinodorus Amazonicus and Echinodorus bleheri have similar care requirements, thriving in similar water conditions and substrates. They are both adaptable and can tolerate a range of lighting intensities and water hardness levels. Additionally, they can serve as excellent oxygenators, improving the overall water quality in the aquarium.
In summary, Echinodorus Amazonicus and Echinodorus bleheri are two beautiful aquatic plants that share many similarities in terms of care requirements. While Echinodorus Amazonicus features long, lanceolate leaves, Echinodorus bleheri exhibits broader leaves. The latter is also generally larger in size, making it a striking choice for larger aquariums. Whether you choose Echinodorus Amazonicus or Echinodorus bleheri, both plants can add a touch of natural beauty to your aquatic environment.
- Sold as emerged bare-root plants, bunched plants, or potted Plants
- Bare-root Plants | approx. 1-2 roots loose bare-root plants
- Bunched Plants | approx. 1-2 roots plants bundled with foam, and lead weight
- Potted Plants | approx 1-2 roots plants potted with rockwood and net pot
Disclaimer: Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation. Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be free of pests, pesticides, grow emerged, or submerge.
|Echinodorus grisebachii 'Amazonicus'|
Can it grow emerged?
|Medium - High|
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
24 Hours Live Arrival Guarantee* - In a rare case of live stocks dead on arrival, we must be notified within 24 hours by the same day of delivery. Please take clear photos of the damaged product and send it to us within 24 hours. Live Arrival Guarantee will be void after 24 hours of delivery. All replacements are considered final and we will not replace the replacement.
- Picture requirements: Take at least 2 clear photos of damaged product in their original, unopened & sealed transparent packing and send photos and orders information to our email within 24 hours: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not take picture of damaged plants, or animals in your aquarium. Once they have been introduced to your aquarium's ecosystem. It is no longer covered by our guarantee.
Please keep in mind that Live Arrival Guarantee only guarantees that live stocks will be alive upon arrival. We cannot guarantee that you will continue to have success with them. Many factors, including the aquarium environment, water quality, nutrient, temperature, lighting, filter, and CO2 system, can contribute to the failure to grow live plants and live animals.
WHAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE
Even though our plants are very clean, but we can't guarantee they will be 100% pest-free because we cannot be responsible for your aquarium. Please use it at your own risk. We recommended all customers rinse the plants with clean water and quarantine them before use.
However, plants in tissue culture will be 100% free from pests, algae and never have been contacting with any aquarium.
- Due to the nature of the product. We don't guarantee our plants will be pests free. ( snails, algae, hitchhikers )
- We don't guarantee our plants will be free of pesticides. We use homemade, organic pesticides in our greenhouse to control pests. We do not use pesticides that contain copper. Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc
- We don't guarantee your aquarium success or are responsible for your aquarium inhabitant including but not limited to fish, shrimp, snail, turtle, etc. So please quarantine all plants when use!
- Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be grow emerged or submerge.