Lagenandra thwaitesii, commonly known as the Thwaites' Lagenandra, is an aquatic gem that effortlessly adds a touch of natural elegance to freshwater aquariums. Hailing from the lush wetlands and marshes of Sri Lanka, this plant showcases its innate beauty both submerged and emersed, making it a captivating choice for aquatic enthusiasts and aquascaping enthusiasts alike.
With leaves that gracefully sway in the water, Lagenandra thwaitesii unveils a stunning tapestry of colors. Its long, slender leaves, ranging from vibrant greens to captivating reddish-browns, evoke a sense of tranquility as they gently sway in the currents. These leaves, often featuring subtle undulations, lend an organic charm to any underwater landscape.
Lagenandra thwaitesii's adaptability shines through in its growth patterns. When nurtured in an aquarium setting, its submerged growth yields elongated leaves that reach for the light, creating a dynamic vertical presence. Alternatively, if allowed to thrive emersed, its leaves become shorter and broader, resembling nature's artistry on the water's edge.
To unlock its full potential, provide Lagenandra thwaitesii with the gift of light. Moderate to high lighting conditions encourage its leaves to unfurl with vibrant hues, illuminating the aquatic canvas. The plant's quest for nourishment is answered by a nutrient-rich substrate and the occasional dose of a balanced aquarium fertilizer, allowing it to flourish and paint an exquisite underwater vista.
In the depths of your aquarium, Lagenandra thwaitesii finds its place among fellow aquatic inhabitants. Its compatibility with a variety of fish and aquatic species makes it a harmonious addition to a community tank. Regular maintenance, including prudent pruning and leaf care, keeps this aquatic masterpiece thriving, ensuring that its beauty remains uninterrupted.
Lagenandra thwaitesii invites aquarists to embark on a journey of cultivation and creation, where every leaf is a stroke of living art. As it pays homage to its Sri Lankan origins, this aquatic gem enriches aquatic environments, offering a glimpse of the natural beauty that flourishes beneath the water's surface.
- Sold as a Tissue Culture package with vitamin liquid/gel
- Package size: approx. 4 inches. Yield 4-5 small plants
- Sustainable growth aquarium plants species
- Great value! Nice specimen!
- Tissue Culture Technology | 100% Free from Snail, Algae, Pathogen, and Bacteria plus Extended Shelf Life on all in Vitro Plants
Disclaimer: Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation. Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be free of pests, and pesticides, grow emerged, or submerge.
|Midground / Background|
|pH||5.5 - 7.5|
Can be grow emerged?
|Medium - High|
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
24 Hours Live Arrival Guarantee* - In a rare case of live stocks dead on arrival, we must be notified within 24 hours by the same day of delivery. Please take clear photos of the damaged product and send it to us within 24 hours. Live Arrival Guarantee will be void after 24 hours of delivery. All replacements are considered final and we will not replace the replacement.
- Picture requirements: Take at least 2 clear photos of damaged product in their original, unopened & sealed transparent packing and send photos and orders information to our email within 24 hours: email@example.com
- Please do not take picture of damaged plants, or animals in your aquarium. Once they have been introduced to your aquarium's ecosystem. It is no longer covered by our guarantee.
Please keep in mind that Live Arrival Guarantee only guarantees that live stocks will be alive upon arrival. We cannot guarantee that you will continue to have success with them. Many factors, including the aquarium environment, water quality, nutrient, temperature, lighting, filter, and CO2 system, can contribute to the failure to grow live plants and live animals.
WHAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE
Even though our plants are very clean, but we can't guarantee they will be 100% pest-free because we cannot be responsible for your aquarium. Please use it at your own risk. We recommended all customers rinse the plants with clean water and quarantine them before use.
However, plants in tissue culture will be 100% free from pests, algae and never have been contacting with any aquarium.
- Due to the nature of the product. We don't guarantee our plants will be pests free. ( snails, algae, hitchhikers )
- We don't guarantee our plants will be free of pesticides. We use homemade, organic pesticides in our greenhouse to control pests. We do not use pesticides that contain copper. Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc
- We don't guarantee your aquarium success or are responsible for your aquarium inhabitant including but not limited to fish, shrimp, snail, turtle, etc. So please quarantine all plants when use!
- Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be grow emerged or submerge.