Hydrocotyle tripartita, also known as Hydrocotyle sp. Japan or Three-part pennywort, is an aquatic plant species that hails from Japan. It is a highly sought-after plant among aquarium enthusiasts due to its unique and striking appearance. This plant belongs to the Apiaceae family and shares similarities with other Hydrocotyle species but possesses distinct features that set it apart.
Here are some notable characteristics of Hydrocotyle tripartita (Hydrocotyle sp. Japan):
Appearance: Hydrocotyle tripartita has delicate, round leaves that are deeply lobed, giving them a three-leaf clover-like appearance. The leaves are bright green and have a glossy texture, adding a vibrant and fresh look to any aquarium. The plant develops multiple compact rosettes and forms dense carpets under optimal conditions.
Growth: This species is known for its relatively slow growth compared to other Hydrocotyle varieties. It tends to stay compact and low-growing, making it an excellent choice for foreground or carpeting plants in aquariums. However, given sufficient lighting, CO2 supplementation, and nutrient-rich substrate, it can exhibit slightly faster growth rates.
Lighting and Water Conditions: Hydrocotyle tripartita (Hydrocotyle sp. Japan) thrives in moderate to high lighting conditions. Adequate lighting promotes healthy growth and helps maintain the vibrant green coloration of the leaves. It prefers slightly acidic to neutral water with a pH range of 6 to 7.5. The recommended temperature range for this plant is around 20 to 26 degrees Celsius (68 to 79 degrees Fahrenheit).
Propagation: Hydrocotyle tripartita can propagate through runners that extend horizontally from the parent plant. These runners produce new rosettes, allowing the plant to spread and form a dense carpet over time. Regular trimming and replanting of these runners can help control its growth and maintain the desired carpeting effect in the aquarium.
Uses: Hydrocotyle tripartita (Hydrocotyle sp. Japan) is often used in aquascaping to create lush foreground carpets or accentuate specific areas within the aquarium. Its compact growth habit and attractive leaf structure make it an excellent addition to both traditional and nature-inspired aquarium layouts.
Overall, Hydrocotyle tripartita (Hydrocotyle sp. Japan) is a captivating aquatic plant species renowned for its clover-like leaves and ability to form dense carpets. Its distinct appearance and relatively slow growth rate make it a popular choice among aquarists looking to create visually appealing and well-maintained planted aquariums.
- Sold as a Tissue Culture Plants with vitamin liquid/gel
- Packaging May Vary! To be sent in either in vitro bag or cup
- Bag / Cup size: Approx. 2 x 2 inches
- Sustainable growth aquarium plants species
- Tissue Culture Technology | 100% Free from Snail, Algae, Pathogen, and Bacteria plus Extended Shelf Life on all in Vitro Plants
Disclaimer: Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation. Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be free of pests, and pesticides, grow emerged, or submerge.
Hydrocotyle sp. Japan
|Foreground / Midground
Can it grow emerged?
|Medium - High|
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
24 Hours Live Arrival Guarantee* - In a rare case of live stocks dead on arrival, we must be notified within 24 hours by the same day of delivery. Please take clear photos of the damaged product and send it to us within 24 hours. Live Arrival Guarantee will be void after 24 hours of delivery. All replacements are considered final and we will not replace the replacement.
- Picture requirements: Take at least 2 clear photos of damaged product in their original, unopened & sealed transparent packing and send photos and orders information to our email within 24 hours: email@example.com
- Please do not take picture of damaged plants, or animals in your aquarium. Once they have been introduced to your aquarium's ecosystem. It is no longer covered by our guarantee.
Please keep in mind that Live Arrival Guarantee only guarantees that live stocks will be alive upon arrival. We cannot guarantee that you will continue to have success with them. Many factors, including the aquarium environment, water quality, nutrient, temperature, lighting, filter, and CO2 system, can contribute to the failure to grow live plants and live animals.
WHAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE
Even though our plants are very clean, but we can't guarantee they will be 100% pest-free because we cannot be responsible for your aquarium. Please use it at your own risk. We recommended all customers rinse the plants with clean water and quarantine them before use.
However, plants in tissue culture will be 100% free from pests, algae and never have been contacting with any aquarium.
- Due to the nature of the product. We don't guarantee our plants will be pests free. ( snails, algae, hitchhikers )
- We don't guarantee our plants will be free of pesticides. We use homemade, organic pesticides in our greenhouse to control pests. We do not use pesticides that contain copper. Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc
- We don't guarantee your aquarium success or are responsible for your aquarium inhabitant including but not limited to fish, shrimp, snail, turtle, etc. So please quarantine all plants when use!
- Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be grow emerged or submerge.
This gave me exactly enough to fill in two of my nano aqyascapes with the plus that I was able to take the remainder and grow out.
The tissue culture was extremely healthy when it arrived and has flourished with no signs of melt once added to the scape. Highly recommended.
Healthy, wonderful plants
Tissue culture arrived a bit less dense compared to photo and with a little melt, so I was a bit concerned about how it would do. Once I planned it in two different tanks (one with not so great lighting, it started to grow very well. The leaves are adorable, interesting dainty clover-like shape, and a cute mini size that goes well in my nano tanks. It also has a beautiful vibrant light green color. It seems to be doing equally well in low light with pH of about 6.6, as well as under high light with oH if 7.5. I’m super thrilled with this purchase!